Family Law Support For Individuals Throughout Central Massachusetts and Metro West

  1. Home
  2.  → Paternity

Dealing With Paternity Issues After A Relationship Ends

Broken relationships get complicated when children are involved. Paternity issues can become a significant factor if you and the other parent of your child were not married.

I can help if you have paternity issues. Whether you are a mother seeking to establish paternity or obtain child support for your child or a father seeking to establish paternity or obtain a parenting plan, I am available to assist you.

How Is Paternity Established?

When a child is born outside of a marriage, sometimes it becomes necessary to prove the identity of the biological father. There are ways the father is identified. Paternity can be established by completing/signing the Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity form. This can be done in the hospital or anytime afterwards. However, if there is a disagreement, there can be complications.

What can be done if there is disagreement? Either the mother or father can file a Complaint to Establish Paternity and a Motion for Genetic Marker test. My family law experience can ease the process.

Why Is It Important To Establish Paternity?

For mothers, one of the most important reasons is to get the support their children need. Fathers often want to establish paternity for custody. For the child, it makes it easier to get a variety of legal rights and privileges and get access to their family health history.

How Can A Family Law Attorney Help?

I can help you with paternity proceedings in a variety of ways, including:

  • Establishing paternity
  • Developing custody and parenting plans
  • Defending against paternity claims

I Understand The Difficulties Of Paternity Issues

I have practiced family law for more than 25 years and I can help you overcome paternity issues. Call me at 508-422-7192 or use my online contact page.